Low Cost Water Filter, a complete, DIY filtration system for tank water: 5 micron sediment & 5 micron carbon filters, 2 x 10″ x 4.5″ housings with mounting brackets and screws, housing spanner, 3 x nipple joiners with thread tape and 2 x 1″ water gate valves.
The Low Cost Water Filter is a “ready to install” complete water filter package with 5 micron Sediment & Carbon filter cartridges, mount bracket with screws, 3 x 1″ joiner nipples with 1″ water valves, plus thread tape.
Our Low Cost Water Filter removes Sediment and particulates from your source water down to 5 microns.
The Carbon cartridge removes town water chemicals ( including chlorine & chlorine by products),water odour and bad taste.
Can be used on rain water, dam, river & bore water for all non microbial water filtration requirements.
This high performance, complete water filter kit removes dirt, sediment, rust, algae,chemicals, water odours & poor taste from rural water.
- low cost water filter
- 5 micron sediment first filter, 5 micron activated carbon second filter
- Rated up to 90 litres/ minimum ( 1″ ports )
- 10″ x 4.5″ UV stabilized Big Blue water filter housings
- Complete “ready to install” kit with mounting bracket, screws, joiners, housing wrench, 1″ inlet & outlet water gate valves and both Sediment & Carbon filter cartridges
- Turnoff water supply from pump.
- Select best position to mount Low Cost Tank Water Filter (after pump & before or at house) – under cover & out of the weather.
- Note arrow direction of “water IN/OUT “ ports on top of housing before mounting Low Cost Water Filter
- Connect black joiners to IN/OUT ports & between housings in correct sequence ( use thread tape)
- Cut waterline & connect to IN port of LCWF via 1” water valve
- Connect other end of water line to water valve at OUT port of second ( Carbon) housing
- Remove packaging wrap from filter cartridge inside housings, and carefully use housing spanner to tighten housings back into position. ( Normal set up is SEDIMENT filter first, followed by CARBON filter)
- Open house/garden tap (to flush line), turn on pump water supply, and gently open IN water valve.
- Carefully depress Red Pressure buttons on top of housings to bleed air until water replaces air.
- Run house tap for a 5 minutes to flush cartridges, and check for any water leaks.
- Enjoy good water!
(nb A pressure limiting valve must be installed to counter water pressure spikes for town water sources. Also install PLV if system is subject to water pressures greater than 80 psi.)
Replacement Cartridges for the Low Cost Water Filter are available for purchase here at https://saferwater.com.au/shop/replacement-water-filters/