Ultimate LOW COST Caravan Drinking Water Filter removes Bacteria and Chlorine
All orders shipped freight free – anywhere in Australia.
The Caravan Drinking Water Filter is the ultimate LOW COST water purifier for your road adventures!
It operates down to 0.1 micron, blocking all Giardia & Crypto, & removing Bacteria such as E. coli & Salmonella. The 1 micron Carbon pre filter removes water treatment chemicals (including chlorine & it’s by products), odours & bad taste, plus dirt & sediment.
Turn any caravan tap into a germ free tap with this Inline Water Filter!
Ultra Fine Hollow Fibre technology ensures the Caravan Drinking Water Filter delivers safe 0.1 micron filtered water, free from microbes, regardless of the water supply source.
The 1 micron Carbon cartridge produces sweet tasting water, free from chlorine taints and off flavours. It also is a Sediment Pre Filter for the UF cartridge, removing dirt, rust, sediment, algae & sand down to 1 micron, thereby extending the 0.1 micron UF cartridge life.
Caravan Drinking Water Filter Features:
- Premium coconut Carbon Pre filter, 1 micron
- Quality Hollow Fibre Ultra Fine Filtration to 0.1 microns
- Removes water pathogens, Giardia & Crytosporidium, plus Bacteria
- Removes water treatment chemicals (Chlorine, Chloramines & Trihalomethanes)
- Both cartridges are Inline filters : no extra housing required
- “Outside/In” Hollow Fibre filtration to maximize life of UF 0.1 micron cartridge
- Water flow rates of around 5 litres/min
- Supplied as Complete Kit: 1 x 1 micron Carbon inline pre filter cartridge, 1 x 0.1 micron UF inline cartridge, 2 x inline cartridge clamps, 2 x cartridge mounts, 1 x Water Stop Valve, 1 x 500mm x 12mm Potable Water Tubing with compatible quick connect 1/2″ fittings , 2 x 1/2″x 1/4″ connectors & thread tape
Filter replacement: 6-12 months.
Like all filters, Caravan Drinking Water Filter life is dependent on water quality (& quantity), used. It is a good idea to remove cartridges and store them in the fridge between road trips.
Because of variable water quality encountered by road travellers, a sediment/carbon pre filter is always recommended to maximise UF cartridge life.
Caravan Drinking Water Filter Benefits:
- Lowest Cost caravan water purifier
- Great tasting drinking water
- No water treatment chemical smells or taste
- Excellent water filtration removing even the finest particles down to 0.1 micron
- Eliminates the need for costly Ultra Violet light systems
- No water waste like Reverse Osmosis
- Suits existing mixer tap
- Easy to install under existing bench
- Inexpensive cartridge replacement
- Simple filter cartridge change out with Water Stop Valve supplied in kit
- Provides germ free, sweet tasting water for peace of mind anywhere you travel
Caravan Drinking Water Filter Installation
- Check you have standard 12mm water tubing with 1/2″ connectors supplying your caravan tap,( or request we supply alternate fittings to suit).
- Turn off water supply, run thread tape to all fittings ( 3-4 rounds)
- Disconnect existing 12mm water tubing at cold water entry point under sink
- Screw Water Stop Valve to exposed 1/2″ male fitting at entry point
- Connect one end of supplied 500mm tubing to 1/2″ male fitting of Water Stop Valve, and other end to 1/2″x 1/4″ fitting on IN port of Carbon cartridge
- Connect 1/2″ x 1/4″ joiner on OUT port of UF cartridge to existing 12mm tubing running to tap
- Select best mounting point for twin inline cartridges, & screw in 2 mount brackets to suit UF cartridge. (Adjust cartridge orientation as necessary)
- Now disconnect the short water line from the quick connect fitting at the IN port of the UF filter. Place the open end into a bucket to permit seperate flushing of the new Carbon Inline filter. ( Carbon filters tend to shed some carbon fines on start up, & it is recommended to discharge this to a waste bucket, rather than load up the 0.1 micron UF filter).
- Turn on the water & stop valve to flush the Carbon cartridge with about 10 litres of water or until clear.
- Reconnect the short water line to the UF cartridge, and then flush both cartridges, checking for any water leaks
- Enjoy Sweet Tasting, Bacteria Free Water!