Low Cost Tank Water Filter: complete system with 0.5 micron Silver Impregnated Carbon Block filter, 10″ housing, housing spanner, mounting bracket and screws, 1″ gate valves.
This all new Silver Impregnated 100% Coconut Carbon 0.5 micron filter is a Superior Carbon Block Filter.
This filter is similar to the H2-BLUE 100% Coconut Carbon Filter butt is impregnated with silver for the added benefits of carbon AND the bacteriostatic properties of silver impregnation.
Whilst carbon effectively removes odors and taste issues from water, it will leave behind microscopic metal compounds in the form of minute ash/dust particles, which in turn prove to be a source of nourishment for bacteria. This bacteria feeds off the nutrients in the insoluble ash and can then be flushed into the drinking water supply.
Silver Impregnated Carbon is proven to stop the growth of ash/dust fed bacteria
When a cell of bacteria is absorbed into the carbon’s structure, it comes into contact with silver ions
The sulphurhydryl group already within the bacterial cell reacts with the silver, producing a silver sulphur complex.
The complex immobilizes the respiratory activity of the bacterial cell by preventing the transfer of hydrogen and an oxidative reaction.
The cell cannot reproduce and dies, reducing the risk of gastro illness by ingesting bacteria
Several factors need to be considered when recommending silver impregnated carbon for use in bacteriostatic filters.
Coconut Carbon is rated to be one of the best base materials used in today’s market.
Coconut Carbon provides a much higher volume of micropores than coal, wood or lignite based carbon. Thus, resulting in a more effective removal of trihalomethanes (THM’s) from municipal water supplies. The larger surface area provides a more effective method of filtering common contaminates such as chlorine and chloramines. The unique raw material of the coconut shell and the carbon manufacturing process ensures exceptional hardness and low ash content.
Lowest Cost Tank Water Filter is “ready to install”with complete water filter package , mounting bracket with screws, 2 x 1″ joiner nipples with 1″ water valves, plus thread tape.
- Lowest cost tank water filter
- Includes 0.5 micron Silver Inpregnted Carbon Block filter cartridge
- 10″ x 4.5″ UV stabilised Big Blue filter housing
- Rated up to 90 litres/ minimum ( 1″ ports )
- Complete and “ready to install” with mounting brackets, screws, joiners, housing wrench, 1″ inlet & outlet water valves, thread tape, & filter cartridge
- Turnoff water supply from pump.
- Select best position to mount Lowest Cost Tank Water Filter (after pump & before or at house) – under cover & out of the weather.
- Note arrow direction of “water IN/OUT “ ports on top of housing before mounting Lowest Cost Water Filter
- Connect black joiners to IN/OUT ports in correct sequence ( use thread tape)
- Cut waterline & connect to IN port of LCWF via 1” water valve
- Connect other end of water line to water valve at OUT port
- Remove packaging wrap from filter cartridge inside housing, and carefully use housing spanner to tighten housings back into position.
- Open house/garden tap (to flush line), turn on pump water supply, and gently open IN water valve.
- Carefully depress Red Pressure button on top of housing to bleed air until water replaces air.
- Run house tap for a 5 minutes to flush cartridges, and check for any water leaks.
- Enjoy good water!
(nb A pressure limiting valve must be installed to counter water pressure spikes for town water sources. Also install PLV if system is subject to water pressures greater than 80 psi.)